How to Whitelist in VIPRE Email Security
If you're using VIPRE's Email Security spam filtering, you can whitelist our IP Addresses to ensure deliverability of our simulated phishing emails. You can also whitelist our testing domains in VIPRE Endpoint Security.
The instructions below are for a third-party software. If you run into issues whitelisting in VIPRE, we recommend reaching out to VIPRE for specific instructions. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you need assistance.
Whitelisting by IP Address
Typically, we recommend whitelisting our IP addresses in your spam filter. There are three ways to whitelist IP addresses in VIPRE Email Security.
- Whitelist from Connection Filtering
- Add IP as an Allowed Sender for Antispoofing
- Create a Custom Rule for Spam Filtering
Here is an article from VIPRE Security explaining how to set up these policies: https://support.threattracksecurity.com/support/solutions/articles/1000071147-how-to-add-a-trusted-ip-address-to-vipre-email-security
For the most up-to-date list of our IP addresses, please see this article.
Whitelisting Testing Domains
You can whitelist our testing domains. To do this in VIPRE Endpoint Security, follow the steps below:
- View testing domain in monthly Preview Notification email. If you do not receive these notifications or not sure which domain will be used, contact email@example.com
- Navigate to your VIPRE Endpoint Security console.
- Locate and double-click on the policy you want to add an allowed domain to.
- Select Advanced Browser Protection to expand your options. Then, click on Allowed Web Sites.
- Click the Add button to enter the testing domain(s) in the Please enter domain field.
- Click the Apply button. Then, click the OK button.
Each domain must be added to a policy manually and one at a time. However, once you have a list of domains created under one policy, you can copy the list to another policy by using the Copy To… button.